This Old Church is a unique, unforgettable venue for any type of event. That’s why we’re working to create memorable events at this historic site, like the Harvest Dinner, concerts, movies and historical exhibits. It is adjacent to Vernon Center’s Maple Park, including its Victorian Gazebo, which along with This Old Church are all parts of the Vernon Center Green National Historic District.
We also welcome you to host your event at This Old Church! Whether it’s a wedding, reunion, art class, art exhibit, and something else!
The Sanctuary Hall has high vaulted ceilings over beautifully refinished original wooden floors. The space is filled with beautiful light filtered through remarkable stained-glass windows. It can be wide open, set up with chairs, or tables and chairs. Beyond that, it it is an historic canvas that can be augmented to fit your vision. Under normal circumstances, it can hold up to about 225 people.
The Front Foyer, entered through two porched entryways, has a new hardwood floor, a unique pressed-tin wall and ceiling coverings, and plenty of coat hooks. It is great for ticket and merchandise sales for an event, or welcoming guests for the main event. It is ADA accessible.
The Ground Floor is largely open, with a meeting room, catering kitchen and plenty of staging and storage space. Or it can be transformed into a space for a cocktail reception or meeting.
The 1-acre lush Lawn is overlooked by centuries-old silver maple trees. It has plenty of room for outdoor tents and open lawn festivities. There’s also room for dozens of cars to park, with plenty of additional parking available within short walking distance.
If you’d like to have food or bar service, we let you bring in your chosen professional caterer as long as they are insured and have the proper permits.
Want to have guests arrive by horse drawn carriage? We can help with that!
If you’re thinking about a wedding venue, it’s great for religious or non-religious services. Either way, it’s a memorable spiritual space for your ceremony or reception. And, for your event photos, it can’t be beat!
- Congregation Returns for Special ServiceFirst Presbyterian Church of Augusta and Vernon Center celebrates once again at former home. On Christmas Eve, 2005, The Vernon Center Presbyterian Church held its final worship service at its Vernon Center home. The congregation merged with its neighbors in Augusta,…
- Rambler Rose Tea Room Returns to Vernon Center for Mother’s DayVernon Center’s turn-of-the-century Rambler Rose Tea Room returned in the form of a Tea Party-in-a-box Gift Set for the weekend.
- The Historic MarkerFirst plaque recognizing the Vernon Center Green Historic District, including Presbyterian Church, now in place The history of this church is deep, fascinating, and important. So too is the history of Vernon Center and its Village Green. That’s why it was…
- ROME DAILY SENTINEL: Historic site, vets group benefit by working togetherGuests at the recent Harvest Dinner were there for more than a great meal and entertainment, as proceeds supported two causes; preservation of the building’s remarkable stained glass windows, and generating $3,200 for Clear Path for Veterans.
- Harvest Dinner 2019The first event at This Old Church was an amazing fall evening with lively entertainment and a memorable meal, featuring local products, local purveyors, a certified master chef and a star baker. All taking place in a one-of-a-kind, historic building in…
- Vernon Center Old Home Day 2019We will have a table at Vernon Center’s 2019 Old Home Day, and are looking forward to talking about the church’s history–and future! Plus…. Limited edition historic church merchandise available, with proceeds going 100% to stained glass window restoration. Free stickers…